Two of our Luxury King Suites are positioned on the upper level with the remaining two positioned on the lower level – all are equipped and decorated in the same way and are individually positioned to blend harmoniously with the surrounding trees and sub tropical garden and pool area. Four Luxury King Suites each 55 square meters in size, all exuding refinement and supreme comforts.
The Luxury Self Catering Suite – Kingfisher lodge has a master bedroom sleeping 2 with a King Size bed, full deluxe en-suite bathroom for your pampering and enjoyment – with a oversized bath, large open plan shower, his and hers hand basins. In addition there is a fully equipped kitchen with a dining area, an open plan lounge area, DSTV, air-conditioning and fans – this mini lodge is 110 square meters in size and all under thatch.
The accommodation offered can either be on a Bed and Breakfast or Self Catering basis. For those staying on a B&B basis there are 4 private entry Luxury King Suites, all are equipped and decorated in the same way and are individually positioned to blend harmoniously with the surrounding trees and sub tropical garden and pool area. For those staying on a self catering basis there is one Suite, the Kingfisher Lodge, sleeping 2 people
Why stay with us?
Blue Jay Lodge offers unique luxury game lodge style accommodation in Hazyview – 4 Star Graded Bed & Breakfast and Self Catering – only 10kms from Kruger National Park entering through Phabeni Gate – 40kms from God’s Window, Blyde River Canyon, Sabie and Pilgrims Rest.
Your Hosts Phil & Margi Nichols look forward to meeting, greeting and welcoming you.
We are Covid-19 ready!
During the COVID-19 pandemic our health and safety remain our number one priority and we have therefore put a range of preventative protocols in place, which should have minimal impact on the enjoyment of your stay with us.
All our employees have been trained according to World Health Organisation (WHO)guidelines and are equipped with the necessary tools and protective gear, to implement heightenedcleaning and hygiene protocols.
You can expect the following during your stay:
- The full list of Health & Safety guidelines & Staff Training Procedures as supplied by FEDHASA (Federated Hospitality Association of Southern Africa) will be adhered to
- All guests will have their temperature checked and a compulsory screening questionnaire to completed and signed by each guest upon arrival
- It is compulsory for each guest to have a face mask to be worn in public areas (face masks will also be provided if needed)
- The recommended ‘no hand-shaking’ policy will continue
- All staff will be screened daily before the start of each shift – temperature check and sanitizer protocols will be followed.
- All serving staff and chefs will wear masks and gloves at all times
- Social distancing will be adhered to at all times
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available at various points in all communal areas, as well as guest suites and on all game drive vehicles
- Thorough deep-cleaning and sanitizing of all communal areas will be done throughout the day